25 October 2010

Save the Drama for your Mama.

This weekend was very exciting.  A younger cousin of mine had her wedding on Saturday and Ryann was to be the flower girl.  I had been prepping her for days[1] about her big walk[2] down the aisle to the point where I had her practicing walking down our hallway with a basket waving and blowing kisses, Toddlers and Tiaras style.

Saturday morning we woke up early to ensure that everything was prepared.  Matt had to work all day so I had to get the kids and myself ready so that I could drop off Matthew with his uncle and head to the church with Ryann by one o’clock.  We spent the morning doing our grooming rituals[3] and destroying the house so I would have something to dread coming back to on Sunday. 

I have no history of delusion so I think I am pretty correct when I say that my daughter is a sweetheart 95% of the time.  I also know that the 5% of the time that she is not in a good mood, there is no talking her out of it.  I started to get nervous when she cried putting the dress on.  She pulled it together by the time I got the kids loaded into the car and was even in a pleasant mood as we stopped by CVS to get her a healthy snack[4] and a wedding card[5].

We got to the church and she was still a little cranky acting so I tried my best to get her in a good mood.  This included pumping her full of skittles and sweethearts and promising her a shopping spree for whatever she wanted at Toys R Us the next day if she did a good job walking down the aisle.  I think you know where this is going.  Below is the result of all of my hard work.  Can’t wait to see her in my sister’s wedding in March!




[1] weeks
[2] debut
[3] Which, for Ryann, included hours removing sponge rollers from her hair, styling her hair, clipping and painting both finger and toenails, putting lotion on, etc. while for me included trying to brush my teeth and straighten my hair while putting on makeup in under 10 minutes.
[4] Rice Krispie treats seemed the least likely to stain.
[5] Why haven’t I picked one up in my last 10 weekly visits to Target?  Probably because I would miss turning into a sweaty mess every time we have to go somewhere that requires a card.  I am not even sure I have ever filled out a check outside of my car.

1 comment:

  1. Whether she cries or not, she still is 100% adorable!

    ReplyDelete