29 May 2010

Come ON, Trenton Business Owners!

As a Trenton resident, I really do love my city.  I was, however, a little disappointed today at the Memorial Day Parade.  The parade itself was AWESOME, and Ryann really enjoyed it.  We were set up at a great spot by Keck Hardware-in perfect view of the Trenton Ice Cream Shoppe.  So of course, once the kids got a look at that they were promised ice cream after the parade.

The parade ended at 10:45, so we walked across the street to get the kids the ice cream as promised.  However, the ice cream shop WASN'T OPEN.  As a matter of fact, it didn't look like many stores were open.  One would think that in this economy, having a ton of people hanging out outside of your store on a Saturday morning would be all the more reason to be open, having a sale, handing out coupons.  I think we would have loved to hang out on West Rd. for a bit, had there been anything to do.  Matt and I were BOTH disappointed.  I hope that they can do better next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment