12 May 2010

High Maintenance

So Ryann has a few picture books with pictures of friends and family in it.  She loves going through them and pointing out people and telling me their names.  Last night she pulled out the picture below, taken of her and me last summer at her grandparent's place in Gladwin, MI.


She shows it to her dad and starts to get up set, telling him that it is a "mess!"-but when he asks what is a mess, she responds "my hair!" and looks like she might start to cry.

I take the picture and explain to her that the wind is blowing through our hair and we both look really happy-but she is not buying it.  She tries to fold the picture up.  I cannot BELIEVE that I am already dealing with these issues, especially since I am not a woman who spends a whole lot of time worrying about my looks.  How do I fix this?

No comments:

Post a Comment