31 May 2010

My Little Shadow

...and that is an understatement.  Ryann has been attached at my hip for weeks now and it is getting progressively worse.  Here is a sampling of our daily conversations.

Ryann-"What you doing mama?"
Me-"Getting some coffee."
Ryann-"Coffee too?"

R-"What you doing mama?"
M-"Just gonna go potty."
R-"Potty too?"


R-"What you doing mama?"
M-"Just putting on my shoes."
R-"Shoes too?"

R-"What you doing mama?"
M-"Just gonna take a quick shower."
R-"Shower too?"

So you get the point. She wants to do EVERYTHING I am doing.  While I always enjoy a little attention, I can't help but feel a LITTLE frustrated as I usher my daughter into the bathroom with me for the tenth time and beg her to keep the door closed while I am in there, lest my neighbors get a free show.  

Short of hiring a slightly more mature 2 year old to keep her occupied, I don't know how to cut the cord-which is becoming more important as my due date draws nearer-I can't be bringing two kids in the shower/bathroom/bedroom with me every time I go!  What to do?


No comments:

Post a Comment