26 July 2010

To all you single mamas...

GOD. BLESS. YOU.

This weekend, Matt had to work so I decided to take the kids to Rondeau Park, Canada, where my parents have a cottage.  This was the only weekend of summer that my mom expected all seven of us kids to be able to come up so we pretty much HAD to be there!  I was able to get siblings to accompany me on the 2 hour car ride both ways, so it was nice to have another person in the car to occupy the children if necessary.

I am the only one who can feed Matthew right now because I am nursing and haven't started getting him on a bottle yet, and seemingly also the only person that Ryann wants to be with when the mood strikes (and it strikes often).  So while I had TONS of help from my family as far as feeding Ryann, changing diapers, rocking babies, etc. I still felt torn when Ryann wanted my attention and Matthew needed me too.  It was bittersweet to have her go down to the beach and play with her aunts and uncles while I stayed at the cottage and fed baby brother (not a fan of public feeding-regardless of whether the public is family).  It was especially hard knowing that while I was up at the cottage, her uncles were down at the beach doing this:


Regardless of the fact that they were endangering her life, Ryann loved going to the cottage and we even did have a chance to steal away to get an ice cream together-without baby brother.  Overall we had a great time and I am very thankful for my helpful family and even more thankful for my helpful husband who we missed this weekend.  This week the kids and I are going for 4 days.  I might need a vacation from this vacation when we get back!  I don't know how all the single moms do it, but you have my utmost respect. I might even start being nicer to my hubby so that he is inclined to stick around...

8 comments:

  1. Ha! I took my two monsters to Rondeau this weekend, without working hubby... the beach (and the storms) was great!!! We went to stay with another Trenton mom... her two kids... working husband...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I forgot to mention the storms...glad I wasn't sleeping in a tent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. between 4th & 5th... you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I don't know what # street we are between (I have been going there my whole life) but my family has cottages all up and down there. My grandma's cottage is across the street from the public access at the end of 4th. Did you stay with Mandy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're between 6th and Kent Bridge Rd. I had to google map it-wasn't sure if the numbered streets went up or down ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! yup!! I've been visiting the RogJern for about 10 years... first time at Cathy's. I figured you guys had to be realated... I just forwarded her your blog. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Small world-we're from the Jernigan side so opposite months ;) They have a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete