06 July 2010

I am not in labor...

Every phone call I have made to my parents, in-laws, or husband the past week have all started with "I'm not in labor..." because for the past 2 weeks my doctor has been telling me that it could be any day (duh) and that it will be quick.  Last Wednesday I went in and was dialated to 4 centimeters.  He said he was surprised to see me in the office and not at the hospital and that he thought for sure I would deliver 4th of July weekend.  So guess what? I didn't.

So now my pregnancy that was seemingly flying by has come to a halt because every twinge I feel makes me think that labor is starting.  I was induced due to high blood pressure and swelling with Ryann, so while I did experience going into labor, I knew when it was coming and what was happening because I had a team of nurses filling me in the entire time.

I am convinced that doctors just tell their patients toward the end that it could be "any day" so that the moms can talk themselves down off a ledge when they can barely walk, sweat when they talk, and are basically confined to the couch, kitchen, or bathroom.  We have been trying to stay busy with going around and visiting with friends and enjoying the holiday weekend-but this baby is in the back of our heads the entire time.  I am beginning to wonder if he will ever be here...and know that in a few weeks my blog title will be "I wish I would have stayed pregnant a little longer..."

No comments:

Post a Comment