21 November 2010

Girls Rule, Boys Drool

We left early Friday morning for our much anticipated girls weekend, where the theme was “Girls Rule, Boys Drool.”  We spent all morning Friday shopping through Birch Run, stopped and had a late lunch, and then headed over to the Bavarian Inn Lodge.

 Is anyone surprised that my daughter wouldn't cooperate for this photo?

I cannot say enough great things about this weekend-we had a blast!  We had 6 women and 3 toddlers (age 2.5, almost 3, and almost 4[1]) and we survived incident free.  Mostly.

We had a few scares, with my friend’s daughter stepping into the pool and going under for what seemed like hours until her mom jumped in and saved her in the 18 inches of water that she was in.[2]  Also, Ryann walked away from us as we were gathering our tickets in the arcade and we couldn’t find her forever[3] until my girlfriend happened upon her at the opposite end of the play center shaking hands with what I can only assume was going to be her new family.

However, seeing the girls jump on the beds and run down the hallways and dancing on the dance floor[4] made me feel like a kid again myself.  And getting to spend a lot of time with my girlfriends (and sister) was recharging as well.  We are already looking forward to next time-although I will remember to pack life jackets and baby leashes. 

    Ryann out like a light on the ride home.  



[1] Half years count a lot more developmentally when they are young so I felt it was important to give an accurate age.
[2] It was seriously up to their waists.  Just goes to show you can never be too careful.
[3] Or at least long enough for me to run through the rest of my unhappy life in my head including my massive weight gain and divorce.
[4] Kids are welcome at both bars at the Bavarian Inn ;)

1 comment:

  1. Children were created to make us aware of true fear. The many times my daughter has almost gotten herself killed is mind blowing.
    I look forward to her freaked out phone calls when she has her own little troublemaker.....

    ReplyDelete