25 November 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

The older I get, (and the older my children get) the more I appreciate the holidays and the traditions that have developed in my family over the years.  A lot of families spend time at the Thanksgiving table going around having everyone say what they are thankful for.  Since I come from a family of seven and my parents both come from families of seven kids our holidays don’t have down time to hear each person talk.[1]

So today, since chances are I won’t get to talk much since there will be so many people around[2] I would like to give a shout out to the people that I am most thankful for.

1.   I am thankful for my husband.  He is both hardworking and loving.  He is appreciative and helpful.  He is a great dad and role model for my children. 

2.  I am thankful for my children.[3]  My mom wrote me a letter in 8th grade which I still have that said “you will never know how much I love you until you hold your own baby for the first time.”  She was right on this among other things.[4]

3.  I am thankful for my parents.  They worked hard[5] to provide for myself and six[6] siblings and are always there to help with anything I need.[7]

4.  I am thankful for Matt’s parents for helping to raise my babies and for raising my husband to be a great guy and father.[8]

5.  I am thankful for my brothers and sisters[9] for each of their separate personalities but shared sense of humor.

6.  I am thankful for my few but true girlfriends that provide me with an outlet away from all the above mentioned people.

All of these people mentioned along with numerous acquaintances that I may not see as much as I would like to[10] continue to make my life complete.

I hope that everyone has a great Thanksgiving!


[1] It wouldn’t matter if we did anyway, because no one listens to each other, they are just waiting for the other person to pause for breath so that they can jump in and tell their “much better” story that will more importantly put the focus back on them.
[2] Plus, I like to focus my attention on more important things, like eating.
[3] Most days.
[4] Not EVERYTHING Mom, this is not a concession.  Maybe next year?
[5] And continue to work hard
[6] Yes, 6.
[7] Especially babysitting.
[8] Could someone tell them I said that?
[9] In-laws included
[10] With the exception of light facebook stalking.

No comments:

Post a Comment