16 November 2010

Girls' Weekend

This Friday I have the day off so a few weeks ago I got with some of my girlfriends and we decided to do a girls shopping day at Birch Run accompanied by a stay at the Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth for the evening.   It would give us all a chance to hang out and get some holiday shopping done and in the evening we could go back to the hotel and let our daughters play, swim, etc. while we sit and talk about the way things used to be.

As soon as I booked the hotel, I started getting Ryann pumped up for it.  At first, she made me wish I had never mentioned it because she kept asking about it.  Anyone that has shared space with a toddler knows that they can be quite persistent[1] when they want the answer to something, and of course Ryann is no exception.

However, the tables have turned, because Ryann is so excited to stay the night with her friends that I can get her attitude adjusted in a heartbeat.

“If you aren’t going to be nice to your brother, then you can forget about going to girls’ weekend.”

“You better try some of those vegetables or no way can I take you to girls’ weekend.”

“Stop whining or else I am calling and canceling girls’ weekend.”

“Rub my back until I fall asleep so I can rest up for girls’ weekend.”

Okay, the last one was a joke[2]-but you get the idea.   Of course, I am glad that it is finally this weekend, mainly because I am sick of hearing myself threaten about girls’ weekend[3] all of the time but also because I am so very excited to spend some time shopping and relaxing with friends.  Plus, I know that I have Santa Claus to call this coming month if she gets out of hand.  Now I just need something for the rest of the year…


[1] Like, Chinese water-torture persistent.
[2] Kind of.
[3] Ryann pronounces it “go streakin” which cracks me up all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment