27 April 2010

Priorities...

So today we are going to see my cousin and her new baby.  I went upstairs to take a shower, and per usual, Matt brought Ryann up to join me after I was finished so that she could get cleaned up too.

Once Ryann was all washed up, I let her play in the bath while I got out and went through my lotion/toothbrush/hair routine (which I have condensed down to about 5 minutes).  I get her out, slather her with lotion, brush her teeth, blowdry her hair, clean out her ears, and then she sits on top of the toilet while I go through the routine of clipping off any sharp nails and then touching up her toenail polish.  As I send her back downstairs to her dad, I catch a glimpse of my own hands and feet, which look like they have been sent through a meat grinder.  The truth is, by the time I get done doing all of her grooming, I am too tired to put a lot of effort into my own.  I will take any ideas that will help me put myself first-even it is just every so often...

No comments:

Post a Comment