02 June 2010

Rain, Rain, you ruined my day.

Today, the city of Trenton and Wayne County Parks were supposed to be hosting the annual Nursery School Olympics, which, according to Trenton Parks and Recreation's website would have such fun things as a Marshmallow Shot Put, Miniature Miniature Golf, Mom’s Guessing Game, Diaper Derby, Paper Plate Discus Throw, Checkerboard Penny Toss, Big Wheel Grand Prix, Toddler Trot, Low Low Hurdles, an Obstacle Course, and a Red White and Blue Parade.  Do I have any idea what the majority of these things are?  No.  Did it sound like an activity filled morning that would guarantee me a lot of afternoon nap time?  Definitely.  So we wanted to go.

Unfortunately, there were "severe" thunderstorms all morning so when we got to Elizabeth Park there was no sign of any olympics going on (yes, we still drove there in the rain in the off chance that it would be 70 degrees and sunny 3.1 miles from our house).  I was excited because Matt said he wanted to go too and it would probably be our only chance to EVER go as a family. (My fingers are still crossed that we will both go back to work-of course, him sooner than me!)

As the rain poured I saw my quiet afternoon washed away as well.  What was I going to do now?  For all the time I spend on the internet, you would think that I would have a huge list of clean, age-appropriate, indoor activities that I could do with Ryann on the cheap.  However, not the case.

One thing I did know is where to get a good breakfast-and since I am 33 weeks pregnant, eating is one of my favorite things to do (ironically, a favorite hobby when I am not pregnant is ALSO eating).  So we headed to Kate's Kitchen in Flat Rock for a delicious breakfast.  It didn't tire Ryann out like the olympics would have, but still an enjoyable morning.  Next time, I will be prepared with a back up plan of things to do with her.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment