26 August 2010

I'm not pregnant, I'm fat.

I “officially” go back to work the Tuesday after Labor Day, although fellow teachers know I have been doing work for the past two weeks.  I wonder if any of my co-workers have noticed that I have been wearing the same four[1] pairs of pants[2]?

I REALLY don’t want to be wearing maternity clothes next week, but I can’t afford to spend tons of money on clothes that will fit me now but hopefully be too big in a few months.


I seem to remember losing weight after my daughter being a lot easier even though I gained 50 pounds[3] with both children.  I also had the support of my best friend who joined Weight Watchers with me and even GAINED weight while attending the meetings so that I could feel better about all the weight I was losing. (Thanks for the support Sarah).  However, she had the AUDACITY to LOSE weight while I was pregnant, and she looks better than ever. I don’t think I can talk her into joining Weight Watchers and putting it back on.

I know I should lose the weight by “chasing 2 kids around”[4] and tons of people will praise the “eating less, moving more” philosophy, which I still haven’t totally bought into.  Either way, I have got to get serious while I am still exercising[5] so that I am not still in maternity pants when I get pregnant with #3.  Guess that alfredo sauce at Sibley’s last night was not my BEST choice…


[1] two
[2] And that they are maternity pants?
[3] 70
[4] Bullshit.
[5] nursing

3 comments:

  1. I so know how you feel. I always found when you work and have kids and a houseful of chores to do, there isn't a whole lot of free time left for working out. Maybe a couple minutes here or there, but I never really felt like working out in my couple of minutes of free time and whenever I tried, I had kids jumping off my stomach or trying to to do what i was doing in the space that I needed to do it in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you Christine, although I know you have a little more room to talk since you'll have it 3x tougher than me in a few weeks! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine - My friend just suggested that I try to link up to the News Herald's blogging section and that's how I found your link.

    I hear you on the losing weight post-pregnancy thing. I too did weight watchers after both pregnancies and nursing helped. But I never understood how it magically disappeared for some women. Maybe if I worked out it would help, but that kinda seems like it's for over-achievers.

    ReplyDelete