12 August 2010

It's time to get it together.






The last few weeks of summer vacation are here and this one is bittersweet as I am returning to work after being laid off for 15 months.  I am happy to be returning to work but so sad about leaving my babies in the care of someone else while I am watching other people's babies (in the form of seventh graders).

My pledge to my children (namely just Ryann as she is the only one who knows what is going on) is that I will take them out and do something fun with them every day for the next two weeks.  After that I am not sure what my work schedule will be like, but we are going to suck as much fun as we can out of our last few weeks of being a stay-at-home mom.  Now, getting out of the house is the hard part.  The easy part is finding fun things to do every day (Ryann loves Target as much as I do so she is easy to please).  

Today we went with my nine year old cousin to Funtastic in Woodhaven.  This worked out great for me because Funtastic is for children under 8, but children over 8 can accompany a younger child as the "caregiver" as long as they are playing with the little kid, they are good.  So I piled my kids and Agata in the car and we headed over to Funtastic.  I only had to pay for admission for Ryann as she was the only one actually playing, and Matthew and I secured a table off to the side so I could work on my educational summer reading list.[1]

We spent two hours there and Ryann had a blast[2] and I got to sit and cuddle the baby[3] without feeling guilty about not paying enough attention to Ryann.  The food was reasonable priced and the facility was clean.  On tomorrow’s agenda?  Horseback[4] riding at Elizabeth Park without the aid of a nine year old.  Should be interesting…



[1] L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad
[2] Despite repeated attempts to kill herself by jumping off platforms onto the padded play floor.
[3] Watch him sleep in the carseat
[4] Pony

No comments:

Post a Comment