12 June 2010

Calling all Downriver moms...

So I got a lot done yesterday in terms of setting up a calendar on-line that includes things to do with toddlers. I am hoping that having this available to moms (both those I know, and those I don't know) will be helpful and maybe even introduce me to some new people along the way.  Lord knows Ryann and I will be sick of looking at each other by summer's end, especially once her brother gets here.

I have also set up a Facebook group, which will have some discussion boards on which moms (or dads, I guess) can talk about the things that they like to do or places that they have tried that really sucks.  I am all for patronizing local businesses and trying to help the community-but the fact of the matter is that MOMS are what make a business successful, and businesses need to cater to that.  Think about it.  Who is the one in the household that makes decisions about where to shop, eat, vacation, get medical treatment, etc.? I know who it is in my house.  By getting together and writing reviews-we have the power to make our communities better by supporting local businesses and changing those that don't want to accommodate us.  I encourage you to join the Facebook group or at least send me an e-mail if you have a place that you think is GREAT to take kids-I will take care of contacting the business and posting its events on the yahoo calendar.  I appreciate the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment