09 June 2010

Insomnia and Humor

I don't remember having trouble sleeping while pregnant with Ryann.  Of course, I also don't ever remember complaining very much while pregnant with her either-and if Matt remembers anything about it, he is keeping quiet.  Lately I wake up in the middle of the night (usually to use the restroom) and then I can't fall asleep for 1-2 hours afterwards. It is the pits!  Luckily, Ryann still takes a mid-afternoon nap so I will catch a snooze with her to make up for the sleep I lost.

One thing that they don't tell you about in the baby books, which may only be considered a developmental milestone in our house, is that around 2 years old your kid starts to develop a sense of humor.  Matt and I have been talking about it this week-Ryann is really starting to get funny.  I don't mean that she didn't always do funny and cute things, I mean, now she is using her words to say things that will make us laugh-for instance, calling her dad "pumpkin."

Matt had a friend over the other night and I took her in the living room to get her changed for bed.  After I had her completely naked she ran into the kitchen and goes "Damp! (what she calls Matt's friend Grant)- NAKEY NAKEY!" and shakes her little booty before running back to me.  We aren't even sure where she came up with the word nakey.  However, her use of humor and the situations in which she uses them have me wondering-future improv actress or stripper?

No comments:

Post a Comment