22 June 2010

"Nesting"

I think that nesting is the term for Moms who want things to be clean and also, in turn, enjoy cleaning.  I have a strong desire to have my house clean.  I do not, however, have the motivation to get it there.

For the past few days (okay, month) I have been working on getting all of Ryann's stuff out of the "nursery" and into her "big girl room."  I never realized what an efficient pack rat I am.  Her small little closet is seriously filled to the BRIM with a bunch of random baby items, clothes, etc. that I have been going through and donating, storing, or tossing.  This is taking forever.  Also, as I go through the room, instead of just walking things and putting them where they belong, I have been making piles for things that need to go downstairs, in the attic, in my bedroom, in her bedroom, etc. so now along with the nursery being a mess, there are piles of stuff in all of the other rooms that need to be gone through as well.

I am vowing to be more organized with Matthew.  Clothes that don't fit will be dealt with immediately, either stored for the next boy or donated to charity.  Then maybe I won't have 2 large rubbermaid tubs (thats just the stuff I am keeping) to try to wrangle into the smallest attic in history.

My neighbor, who probably has feels like wearing a HAZMAT suit when she comes to our house (she is really clean) told me that she puts her son's outgrown clothes in the corresponding diaper boxes that she keeps-so if he is wearing size 2 diapers from 6-9 months, those clothes will be in that box.  I think that is a pretty cool idea.  Anyone else have any good ideas for keeping the baby clothes under control?

2 comments:

  1. I do the same 'pile' thing when trying to clean out a closet or bedroom or anything really. And I still end up saving almost all of it because I'm such a packrat. I think I've finally gotten my old baby boy clothes organized and labeled into rubbermaid containers, but I have not started on the girl stuff yet... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I am a total packrat too Christine-but what is the point of getting rid of any baby stuff when you aren't done having kids? I'd rather just make room in my own closet...

    ReplyDelete