26 June 2010

Ready or not, here he comes...

As of today I am 37 weeks pregnant-full term-so the baby could come any day now and there is nothing anyone would do to try to stop it.  I am torn between being ready for this baby to come out and join the family and postponing his birth so that I can spend more time with Ryann during her last few days of being an only child.


I know its hormones. I think its hormones.  Its gotta be hormones.


I lie awake at night wondering how Ryann is going to take being knocked off her pedestal and replaced with a smaller, probably stinkier, definitely needier baby.  Chances are she is going to adjust just fine. Hormones tell me that she will never forgive me.  I have to fight the urge to not wake her up in the middle of the night so that I can hold her on my lap without being interrupted by a crying baby.  I imagine my heart breaking if she comes to the hospital and asks me to leave with her like she has before when leaving her with sitters-"C'mon mama!"


But ready or not, the baby is coming when he is ready-whether Ryann, Matt, and I are or not.  It's a bittersweet excitement as our family gets ready to change forever-

4 comments:

  1. I think all mothers feel this way.

    As the oldest of three I imagine when my siblings first came home I was a bit put out...but if I am being truthful, the best gift(s) my mother ever gave me were life, followed by my sister and brother.

    My own three children say the same thing about me...

    A mother's love doesn't subdivide...her heart grows to hold each one near and dear.

    And as for the 1st born, she will fall into her place as first born and lead the gang. She will always have the title "The kid who's known mom the longest"...a title I like to toss around every now and then.

    Your tiny miss may whip a bottle at her brother and scream at you "take that bad baby back" (meaning to the hospital...as was said to me by my own first born, 2 years old at the time).

    But I promise you someday, she will thank you for this most precious gift.

    Good Luck and wishes for a speedy, painless delivery (a girl can dream, can't she??)

    Good luck and wishes for a speedy delivery.(sometimes it happens).

    Ummm,okay... I wish you luck ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks-every mom says the family will adjust just fine-but I never get sick of being reassured!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you just voiced the reasons it freaks me out to think about another one! I'm sure you guys will be great! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just what I need! A course that would help me and my business know what is actually important in coming up with brand names. Would definitely recommend this! best nitro cold brew coffee

    ReplyDelete